The leading professional service provider Accenture announced an agreement to acquire Turin-based boutique systems integrator PLM Systems. The acquisition will expand Accentures capabilities to help clients improve how they generate, manage and benefit from product data in design, engineering and manufacturing.
The acquisition of PLM Systems will boost Accentures capabilities and presence in the market for digital engineering services. Its team will join Accenture Industry X.0 in Italy.
This is the part of Accenture that uses digital technologies to continuously improve how industrial companies design, engineer and manufacture products and services and operate industrial facilities.
Founded in 1996, PLM Systems specializes in designing and building information systems for product lifecycle management.
Its clients are Italian and international automotive, industrial equipment, fashion and aerospace and defense companies.
Product lifecycle management systems help companies manage all relevant information about a product from its inception to its disposal.
Companies can use them in engineering and other functions to innovate and manage new products.
The prominent expansions and mergers by Accenture in the last six months are featured below:
- May 2020: Accenture has acquired India based Byte Prophecy, an automated insights and big data analytics company. The acquisition helps to meet the growing demand for enterprise-scale AI and digital analytics solutions across the region.
- April 2020: Accenture, has announced the completion of acquisition of the Symantec Cyber Security Services business from Broadcom Inc. a leading semiconductor and software products provider.
- April 2020: Accenture announced that it will acquire a leading French Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud services company Gekko. The deal will enhance Accentures AWS resources in France. Gekko provides consultation, integration and managed services on AWS.
- April 2020: Accenture, has announced the acquisition of privately held company Revolutionary Security, specializing in enterprise cybersecurity for information technology (IT) and operational technology (OT) environments.
- April 2020: Accenture has acquired a business-to-business (B2B) marketing services provider Yesler, which helps leading brands to run their global marketing programs and operations at speed and scale.
- March 2020: Accenture had agreed to acquire ESR Labs, a Munich-based company, that develops embedded software for leading German car brands and suppliers. After completion of the deal, ESR Labs will join Accenture Industry X.0, the part of Accenture that uses digital technologies to improve how companies design, engineer and manufacture products and services, and operate industrial facilities.
- February 2020: Accenture, had opened an Innovation Hub in Hyderabad, India. The new innovation hub houses Accentures first Nano Lab in the Asia-Pacific region. The Hyderabad innovation hub will help business clients co-innovate with Accenture by ideating, rapidly prototyping, and then scaling disruptive products and services for the growth of the digital market.
- February 2020: Accenture agreed to acquire a strategic data consultancy firm Mudano. The merger will enhance Accentures data analytics, and artificial intelligence (AI) transformation capabilities. Mudano provides strategic data consultancy to U.K. financial services firms.
- December 2019: Accenture acquired an Australian consultancy firm Apis Group. Apis Group is involved in strategic advisory, digital design and also provides services to governmental organisations. The acquisition of Apis will bring additional capacity and further strengthen Accentures services to government and health clients in Australia.
- November 2019: Rockwell Automation, and Accentures Industry X.0 plans to team up to develop a digital offering to industrial clients move beyond existing manufacturing solutions to transform their whole connected enterprise.
- November 2019: Accenture opened an innovation hub to help mining and energy companies to address the challenges and opportunities of digitalization in Perth, Western Australia.
- October 2019: Accenture had acquired UK based digital ventures consultancy firm Bow & Arrow, which helps clients to identify and create new digital products and services to fulfill customer needs.
Accenture is a global professional services company, headquartered in Dublin, Ireland. It provides a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, digital, consulting, technology, and operations. The company has more than 492,000 people serving clients in around 120 countries.
Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help business partners to improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. The company has a team of more than 300 researchers and analysts in nearly 20 countries and publishes hundreds of reports and articles every year. Accenture embeds with AI-powered data, analytics, and automation capabilities to scale AI within any market and industry.