United Kingdom is one of the worst-hit countries in the world with the Covid-19 pandemic. The UK Department of Health has declared the Wuhan coronavirus outbreak as a serious and imminent threat to Britain, with the number of confirmed COVID-19 global cases rising across the world.
The UK government has been on high alert as the coronavirus cases increase. Coronavirus has been added to the list of notifiable diseases enabling Public Health England to report the cases more timely and accurately.
Air BP to supply free fuel to a number of air ambulance services in England and Wales
- Air BP, the aviation division of BP, will provide free jet fuel for use by the helicopters of a number of UK air ambulance services, supporting their life-saving work during the current coronavirus pandemic.
- The air ambulance crews are on stand-by 24/7, ready to respond to emergencies where they are needed most.
- All these services are charitable organisations that BP already supplies with jet fuel.
Linde starts up new Syngas Processing Plant in the U.S. Gulf Coast
- Linde announced it has started up a state-of-the-art syngas processing plant in Geismar, Louisiana.
- The new plant will supply carbon monoxide and hydrogen to a top global chemical company as well as other refining and chemical customers along Linde’s hydrogen pipeline network in Southern Louisiana, all under long-term supply agreements.
- Carbon monoxide is a raw material used in the production of a broad range of specialty chemicals while hydrogen is used to produce several chemical intermediates and clean fuels.
- Linde’s plant will convert by-product Acetylene Off-Gas (AOG), a lower-value waste stream, into these two high-value products to supply customers along its pipeline.