Technological innovation company Apple acquires Intel’s smartphone modem business for $1 billion. Intel holds the option to develop modems for non-smartphone applications, such as PCs, and autonomous vehicles and other applications.
Details provided below:
- After this transaction Intel will focus on developing technology for 5G networks.
- Semiconductor industry leader Intel, is shaping the data-centric future with computing and communications technology that is the foundation of the worlds innovations.
- Intels engineering expertise helps to secure power and connect billions of devices and the infrastructure of the smart, connected world from the cloud to the network to the edge and everything in between.
- Apple has revolutionized personal technology in 1984 with the introduction of the Macintosh.
- Apple at present leads the world in innovation with iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple Watch and Apple TV.
- Apples four software platforms iOS, macOS, watchOS and tvOS provide seamless experiences across all Apple devices and empower people with breakthrough services including the App Store, Apple Music, Apple Pay and iCloud.
- Apples provides employment to around 100,000 people worldwide. The Apples team is dedicated to making the best products on earth, and to leaving the world better than we found it.