The world is facing unprecedented health, social and economic shocks from COVID-19. At present the Italian outbreak represents one of the largest outside China. In order to face it, the Italian government has placed the whole country under quarantine. Growth is slowing down and financial conditions have tightened. This has resulted in large government and external financing needs.
In order to diminish the risk of contamination, the Italian government has adopted a series of measures:
- All industrial and commercial activities suspended, response to coronavirus (COVID-19)
- People are forbidden from assembling in public places and are recommended to keep at least 1-m distance from each other
- Restaurants, pubs, and shopping centers except for pharmacies and food marketsare obligated to remain close.
- Enhanced transparency in listed companies and disclosure requirements (COVID-19)
Automobili Lamborghini is supporting Siare in manufacture of simulators
- Automobili Lamborghini is providing resources and equipment from its Research and Development Department.
- Lamborghini helps with the co-engineering and production of breathing simulators, supporting Siare Engineering International Group, Italys top manufacturer of ventilators, during the health emergency caused by the spread of COVID-19.
- The breathing simulator enables the tester to carry out an initial evaluation of the ventilators performance before reaching the final checking stage, when the ventilator undergoes a comprehensive test using certified equipment.
- Automobili Lamborghini manufactures surgical masks and medical shields for Coronavirus pandemic
- Automobili Lamborghini is converting departments of its super sports car production plant in SantAgata Bolognese in order to produce surgical masks and protective plexiglass shields.
- The masks will be donated to the SantOrsola-Malpighi Hospital in Bologna to be used in the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The activity has been approved and supported by the Emilia-Romagna Region, and is taking place in collaboration with the University of Bologna.
- The Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences will oversee validation testing of the medical devices made by Lamborghini, prior to their delivery to hospital.