First slide

The leading real estate firm AXA Investment Managers – Real Assets announced an agreement with Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. LP (KKR) to acquire 33.33% equity stake in ACCIONA Energía Internacional (AEI). ACCIONA also increases its stake in AEI after deal with KKR.

As per agreement ACCIONA will increase its equity stake in AEI from 66.67% to 80%. AXA IM – Real Assets will acquire the remaining 20% equity stake. After this agreement AXA IM become a partner of ACCIONA in the renewable energy sector. AEI was formed in 2014 to increase the ACCIONA’s renewable energy assets.

The major projects and deals by ACCIONA are mentioned below:

  • March 2020: ACCIONA announced to build its largest ever wind farm in Australia, the MacIntyre complex in Queensland, with a total capacity of 1,026MW wind energy with investment of approximately $1.2 billion. The energy project will begin construction in middle of 2021.

    The MacIntyre complex will be one of the largest onshore wind farms in the world. As per agreement with CleanCo, ACCIONA will develop and own 926MW and a further 100MW will be built and owned by CleanCo, a Queensland government clean energy generator. CleanCo will acquire the annual production of 400MW from ACCIONA’s facilities for ten years through a power purchase agreement (PPA).

  • In October 2019, ACCIONA announced an agreement with the US company Tenaska to acquire a portfolio of photovoltaic projects in seven States of USA. The portfolio comprises approximately 3,000 megawatts (MW) of rated power in utility-scale photovoltaic plants and 1,000 MW of battery storage.
  • In June 2019, ACCIONA had announced an agreement with UDP Renewables (UDPR) of Ukraine to build two photovoltaic plants in the region of Odessa (south-western Ukraine) with an overall capacity of 43.7 megawatts peak (MWp). According to the terms of the agreement, ACCIONA acquires 75% of the projects developed by UDPR.

    About ACCIONA
    ACCIONA is a global group that develops and manages sustainable infrastructure solutions, especially in renewable energy. The group operates in more than 40 countries around the globe. ACCIONA’s goal is to lead the transition towards a low carbon economy, bringing technical excellence and innovation to its entire project to design a better planet.

Related News