German chemical company, BASF launched its smart Verbund project in Zhanjiang, Guangdong province, China, and commenced building its first thermoplastic polyurethane facility in country.
Details provided below:
- The Verbund project in Zhanjiang, of Guangdong province marks a milestone of the companys US$10 billion investment project announced earlier in 2018.
- The Zhanjiang facility will produce engineering plastics and thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU).
- The BASFs Guangdong project will serve the needs of various growth industries in the southern China market and throughout Asia.
- At the Verbund BASF plans to introduce a comprehensive smart manufacturing concept based on cutting-edge technologies. The new plant will use automated packaging, high-tech control systems, and automated guided vehicles.
- The new engineering plastics plant by the 2022, will supply an capacity of 60,000 metric tons per year in China
- The new manufacturing capacity will enable BASF to meet the growing demand of its customers, particularly in the automotive, electronics and new energy vehicles (NEV) industries.