Canadas Bombardier Transportation, Egypts Orascom Construction and Arab Contractors have signed an agreement with National Authority for Tunnels in Cairo to design and build two new monorail lines in Egypt.
Details are provided below:
- The consortium will be responsible for the Operation and Maintenance (O&M) of both monorail lines for 30 years.
- The total value of the project includes design, build and O&M contract exceeds $4.5 billion.
- Bombardier Transportation´s share is $2.85 billion. Orascom Constructions share of the overall contract is close to $900 million.
- Orascom Construction will design and build all infrastructure and civil works, including stations, guideway structures and new depot buildings.
- Danny Di Perna, President of Bombardier Transportation, said, To be selected as the monorail system supplier in Egypt is a great privilege and our fully-automated monorail system is the smart mobility solution for Cairos urban future. He added, Our INNOVIA Monorail 300 technology has proved to be a game changer in the industry, as it allows fast construction of high capacity transit lines at lower costs. With its advanced technology, unmatched safety features and attractive aerodynamic design, this proven platform will dramatically improve the quality of life for millions of residents by significantly reducing their daily commuting time as well as reducing traffic congestion and its impact on the city.