First slide

The leading private equity firm Carlyle Group announced that its affiliated entity Comfort Investments II will invest $235 million in Nxtra Data Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Bharti Airtel, engaged in the data centre business.

  • Bharti Airtel is a leading telecommunications services provider in India.
  • Comfort Investments II, an affiliated entity of CAP V Mauritius Limited, an investment fund managed and advised by affiliated entities of The Carlyle Group.
  • Carlyle will acquirea stake of approximately 25% in the business upon completion of the transaction, with Airtel continuing to hold the remaining stake of approximately 75%.

    In May 2020: Bharti Airtel announced that it has acquired a strategic stake in Voicezen, an early stage startup focused on conversational AI technologies.
    The deal helps Airtel to have preferred access to Voicezen’s technologies, which can be deployed across its customer touch points in multiple languages.

    In May 2020, Bharti Airtel has selected IBM and Red Hat to build its new telco network cloud, designed to make it more efficient, flexible and future-ready to support core operations and enable new digital services. Under the agreement, Airtel will build its next generation core network, analytical tools and new consumer and enterprise services on top of this cloud platform based on open standards.

    In January 2020, Bharti Airtel, and Google Cloud announced a partnership to serve the evolving needs of millions of Indian businesses in a rapidly digitizing economy.

About Airtel
Bharti Airtel Limited, headquartered in Delhi, India, is a global telecommunications company. The company ranks amongst the top 3 mobile service providers globally in terms of subscribers. The company has operations in more than 18 countries across the globe. In India, the company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce, fixed line services, high speed home broadband, DTH, enterprise services including national & international long distance services to carriers.

Prominent Global Investors

View all

Related News