The global technology leader Cisco intent to acquire privately held ThousandEyes, Inc. based in San Francisco, CA, the USA. ThousandEyes’ Internet and Cloud intelligence platform delivers deep visibility and insights into the digital delivery of applications and services over the Internet.
- The last few years have seen a rapid acceleration of Cloud adoption, widespread use of SaaS applications, and a reliance on the Internet and networks outside of enterprise control.
- The increased dependence on the Internet and other third-party infrastructures, compounded over the past several months during the COVID-19 pandemic, substantially reduces the ability for enterprise IT teams to predict, visualize and control operational behavior.
The major deals and acquisitions by Cisco are featured below:
- December 2019: Cisco, intents to acquire Australia-based Exablaze, a leading designer and manufacturer of advanced network devices. Exablaze offers latest Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) technology with the required programmability and flexibility for environments where ultra-low-latency and high performance is very important. Exablazes FPGA technology were used in next-generation products like switches, network interface cards (NICs), and also in picosecond resolution timing technology.
- December 2019: Cisco announced Internet for the Future strategy based on investments in Silicon+Optics+Software.
- November 2019: Cisco Systems G.K. announced that NIPPON TELEGRAPH AND TELEPHONE EAST CORPORATION has selected the Cisco Meraki MX and MS series to deliver managed SD-WAN/connectivity services to enterprises.
- October 2019: Cisco had completed the acquisition of Salt Lake City, based CloudCherry. CloudCherry is a leading Customer Experience Management (CEM) company.
- September 2019: Cisco had completed the acquisition of California based Voicea, provides meeting transcription, voice search, and meeting highlights/action items, with robust data privacy.
Cisco is one of the leading technology company, headquartered in San Jose, California, USA. The company helps society to connect and seize tomorrow’s digital opportunity today securely. The company develops, manufactures, and sells networking hardware and telecommunications equipment, and it also provides high-technology services and products.
Cisco Systems, founded in 1984, has evolved into a multinational corporation, with more than 35,000 employees in around 115 countries of the world. The company is a global leader in networking for the Internet. It provides networking solutions to corporations, government agencies, utilities, and educational institutions. Cisco’s networking solutions connect people, computing devices, and computer networks across the world.