Alabama based Coca-Cola bottling company, Coca-Cola UNITED announce the opening of its new South Metro Sales Center at 4913 Mason Road in Union City, Georgia, with an investment of $86 million. The 456,000 square foot facility includes a sales and distribution center, fleet shop, warehouse, and administrative offices.
The new Sales Center will serve more than 10,000 customers across Atlanta with beverages from the expansive Coca-Cola portfolio. The new facility sets a new standard in warehousing systems for the beverage industry.
The major investments and expansions by Coca-Cola UNITED and Coca-Cola Company during last year are mentioned below:
- January 2020: Coca-Cola UNITED builds a warehouse and sales center at Lamb Loop Road and US Highway 41, Georgia, The USA with community leader Tifton. The new 300,000 square foot facility is expected to bring 200 new employment to the city.
- January 2020: The Coca-Cola Company will invest $1.1 billion in France, over the next five years to support the development of its current brands, expansion of bottling capacity, and introduction of new products in the French market. The company has been present in the country for the last 100 years, serving as a key contributor to the food and beverage industry.
- December 2019: Hard Rock International (HRI), a world’s leading dining brand, announced a global partnership with The Coca-Cola Company to introduce Coca-Cola’s brand portfolio to Hard Rock Cafe locations worldwide beginning in 2020.
- June 2019: The Coca-Cola Company, The International Olympic Committee (IOC), and China Mengniu Dairy Company Ltd announced a joint worldwide Olympic Partnership to 2032
- May 2019: Coca-Cola has announced that the company will maintain its majority stake in Coca-Cola Beverages Africa.
- January 2019: The Coca-Cola Company has completed the acquisition of Chi Ltd. in Nigeria.
- January 2019: The Coca-Cola Company has completed the acquisition of Costa Coffee from Whitbread PLC. Costa has operations in more than 30 countries in the world.
About Coca-Cola Bottling Company UNITED, Inc.
Coca-Cola UNITED, headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama was founded in 1902. The company is the second largest privately held Coca-Cola bottler in North America and the third largest bottler of Coca-Cola products in the USA. The company has more than 10,000 associates located in around 60 facilities across six southeastern states of the USA.
About The Coca-Cola Company
The Coca-Cola Company, headquartered in Atlanta, the USA, is the world’s largest beverage company. The company offers more than 500 sparkling brands to refresh consumers in about 200 countries and territories. In addition to Coca-Cola, the company’s portfolio includes the world’s most valuable beverage brands, such as Fanta, Costa coffee, Sprite, AdeS soy-based beverages, Minute Maid juices, Dasani waters, Del Valle juices and nectars, Georgia coffee, Gold Peak teas and coffees, Honest Tea, vitaminwate, Powerade sports drinks, ZICO coconut water, and Simply juices.
The Coca-Cola Company is the world’s No. 1 provider of sparkling beverages, ready-to-drink coffees, and juice drinks. The company ranks among the world’s top 10 private employers with approximately 700,000 associates worldwide, including the company’s bottling partners.