The Coca-Cola Company will invest $1.1 billion in France, over the next five years to support the development of its current brands, expansion of bottling capacity, and introduction of new products in the French market. The company has been present in the country for the last 100 years, serving as a key contributor to the food and beverage industry.
The Coca-Cola Company will modernize its manufacturing plants and strengthening its brand with the help of primary bottling partner Coca-Cola European Partners (CCEP) in France. Both companies will support the hosting of the Paris 2024 Olympic Games. CCEP will invest $555 million in production, commercialization, new cooling equipment and also in accelerating the companys digitalization strategy in-country.
Coca-Cola has always been an integral part of the French growing economic ecosystem. The company, through the production and distribution activities, helps the development of local companies in the country.
The major investments and expansion news by Coca-Cola Company in 2019 are mentioned below:
- December 2019: Hard Rock International (HRI), a world’s leading dining brand, announced a global partnership with The Coca-Cola Company to introduce Coca-Cola’s brand portfolio to Hard Rock Cafe locations worldwide beginning in 2020.
- June 2019: The Coca-Cola Company, The International Olympic Committee (IOC), and China Mengniu Dairy Company Ltd announced a joint worldwide Olympic Partnership until 2032
- May 2019: Coca-Cola announced that the company will maintain its majority stake in Coca-Cola Beverages Africa.
- January 2019: The Coca-Cola Company completed the acquisition of Chi Ltd. in Nigeria.
- January 2019: The Coca-Cola Company completed the acquisition of Costa Coffee from Whitbread PLC. Costa has operations in more than 30 countries in the world.
About Coca-Cola Company
The Coca-Cola Company, based in Atlanta, the USA, is world’s largest beverage company. The company offers more than 500 sparkling brands to refresh consumers in about 200 countries and territories. In addition to Coca-Cola, Coca-Cola Company the company’s portfolio includes the world’s most valuable beverage brands, such as Fanta, Costa coffee, Sprite, AdeS soy-based beverages, Minute Maid juices, Dasani waters, Del Valle juices and nectars, Georgia coffee, Gold Peak teas and coffees, Honest Tea, vitaminwate, Powerade sports drinks, ZICO coconut water, and Simply juices.
The Coca-Cola Company is the world’s No. 1 provider of sparkling beverages, ready-to-drink coffees, and juice drinks. The company ranks among the world’s top 10 private employers with approximately 700,000 associates worldwide, including the company’s bottling partners.