First slide

The global supply chain provider DP World, and Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ), a global institutional investor, announce the expansion of their ports and terminals investment platform to total US$8.2 billion.

  • The partners announced a new commitment of US$4.5 billion.
  • As per new deals DP World holds 55% share of the platform, and CDPQ the remaining 45%.

The major deals and investments by DP World are featured below:

Aug 2020: DP World Limited announced that its subsidiary Unifeeder ISC (Indian Subcontinent) platform has acquired Transworld Feeders FZCO, Avana Logistek Limited, including its subsidiary Avana Global FZCO, and Transworld Feeders Pvt. Ltd and and EXIM feeder shipping operations of Shreyas Shipping and Logistics Limited.

July 2020: Hindustan Infralog Private Limited (HIPL) a joint venture of National Investment & Infrastructure Fund (NIIF) and supply chain leader DP World has announced an investment of approximately $150 million in developing its Nhava Sheva Business Park (NSBP) Free Trade Zone (FTZ) in Mumbai.

July 2020: DP World has agreed to acquire a majority stake in South Korea based UNICO Logistics Co. Ltd. has a global footprint of 25 subsidiaries in 20 countries and is one of the largest independent NVOCC (Non-Vessel Operating Common Carrier) in South Korea.

February 2020: DP World, plans to invest $1 billion in Bangladesh’s logistics infrastructure. The investment includes the developments of container supply chain infrastructure, port infra, rail network, and inland container terminals.

January 2020: DP World has acquired a 44% stake in Swissterminal Holding, a leading container terminal operator. The acquisition has strengthened its position as an inland supply chain solutions provider. The Swissterminal is based in Frenkendorf, and it also has a presence in Zurich-Niederglatt, Basel-Birsfelden, Basel-Kleinhueningen, and Liestal in Switzerland.

About DP World
DP World is a global port operator, based in Jebel Ali in Dubai, UAE. The company is a leading enabler of international trade and an integral part of the global supply chain. The company manages multiple businesses from marine and inland terminals, port management, maritime services, logistics, and ancillary services to technology-driven trade solutions.

DP World has a portfolio of more than 150 operations in around 45 countries across six continents, with a significant presence in both high-growth and mature markets of the world. The company has a team of over 50,000 people across the globe

Related News