The COVID-19 outbreak is first and foremost human tragedy, affecting the growth of many countries. The global pandemic has halted domestic and international trade of almost all countries. Brazil, like other countries in Latin America, has been adversely affected by the global health crisis.
Embraer to collaborate on technologies to combat COVID-19
- Embraer is working in partnership with companies and research centers on technologies that can increase the availability of equipment and solutions to combat COVID-19 in Brazil.
- The actions, developed jointly with Embraer’s supply chain, include the manufacturing of parts for the ventilator and respirator industry, the replacement of imported components for ventilators, the development of high-efficiency filtration systems for transforming regular hospital beds into intensive care beds and studies for the development of simple, robust and portable respirators aimed at rapid implementation and availability.
- A group of professionals has already been leading initiatives in support of a respirator factory in Brazil, with a plan to start the production of parts next week, in response to the emergency demand for this equipment.
- Embraer, in cooperation with partner organizations, has already completed the technical and production capacity analysis required to meet the identified needs.
- In partnership with the Albert Einstein Hospital, located in São Paulo, Brazil, Embraer is also working to provide technical support for the development of biological air filter systems for air-quality control, which can convert regular hospital beds into intensive care beds.
- Using highly efficient filters for absorbing air particles, already utilized in air conditioning systems on aircraft, the objective is to provide this solution to hospitals with immediate needs.
- Another work front is dedicated to analyzing the manufacturing of control valves and flow sensors for another respirator industry in the country, in addition to adapting an existing respirator model for use in combating COVID-19.
- The analysis of innovative solutions and the potential of additional actions presented by the market can contribute to the identification of new opportunities for action.
- The global health care system is facing an unprecedented scenario, and Embraer plans to apply its capacity during this moment of global collaboration and demand for effective and short-term solutions.
- Embraer will keep monitoring the situation to find ways to contribute by utilizing its expertise integrating complex systems for the benefit of the society in this worldwide cooperation to combat COVID-19.