The world’s leading energy company, Eni signed a long term contract for the purchase of 1.5 million tonnes of liquefied natural gas with Nigeria LNG Limited (NLNG). As per contract, the LNG will be produced from the existing Trains 1,2, and 3 located in Bonny Islands of Nigeria.
NLNG is a joint venture between NNPC, Shell, Total, and Eni. Eni has been operating in Nigeria since 1962. The new contract will allow Eni to increase its global LNG portfolio and to support the development of its presence in the main markets worldwide.
The major investments and deals by Eni are featured below:
- January 2020: Eni signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) for the joint development of research activities aimed at creating advanced technological solutions for the reduction, capture, usage, or confinement (CCUS) of CO2 emissions at fields. With the help of high-efficiency technologies, the CO2 will be used to improve the hydrocarbon recovery factor and to be stored permanently. The MoU will also explore processes and technologies related to the business aimed at promoting the circular economy.
- December 2020: Eni signed a strategic agreement with Falck Renewables for the joint development of renewable energy projects in the United States. The agreement involves the creation of a 50:50 joint venture for the development, construction and financing of new solar photovoltaics, and wind projects.
- December 2019: Eni owned Vår Energi has completed the acquisition of ExxonMobil’s upstream assets in Norway. The newly acquired fields, which are mostly operated by Equinor, will add additional daily production of approximately 150,000 barrels of oil equivalent for the company.
- October 2019: Eni announced its plan for HPC5, a new supercomputer at the Green Data Center. Eni’s Green Data Center with HPC5 will be powered by Dell Technologies and will be the most powerful supercomputer infrastructure in the industrial sphere, with a total peak power of 70 petaflops.
- September 2019: Eni has signed a co-operation agreement with a leading wind and solar development company in Mainstream Renewable Power to develop large-scale renewable assets for high-growth markets around the world.
About Eni S.p.A
Eni, is a global energy company, headquartered in Rome, Italy. The company is developing renewable energy projects both in brownfield and greenfield on a global scale. The company mainly operates in the oil and natural gas exploration, development and extraction industries in about 43 countries,. Eni also trades in the oil, natural gas, LNG and electricity sectors in nearly 28 countries and sells fuels and lubricants in approximately 33 countries. It has more than 31,000 employees in nearly 67 countries worldwide.
Eni is using new and increasingly efficient clean technologies to produce energy and contributing to a low-carbon future by promoting the development of energy produced from renewable resources. The company also produces crude oil and semi-finished products to be used in the production of fuels, lubricants, biofuels, and chemicals.