The worlds leading interconnection firm Equinix, has announced the expansions of Equinix Cloud Exchange Fabric (ECX Fabric) in seven new EMEA markets includes Barcelona, Brussels, Geneva, Istanbul, Lisbon and Sofia, and Hamburg to help global businesses simplify hybrid and multicloud infrastructures.
ECX Fabric will enhance the companys service to provides seamlessly interconnection to a rich ecosystem of clouds, networks, partners and customers that matter most to their digital businesses. It designed to support enterprise digital transformation initiatives. ECX Fabric is a global interconnection service available in 45 strategic markets that allows businesses to exchange their data on demand, and between metros through private connections.
The major expansions and acquisitions by Equinix are featured below:
- April 2020: Equinix, has formed a $1 billion joint venture with Singapore’s sovereign wealth fund GIC to develop and operate a hyperscale data centers in japan. As per agreement they will develop a xScaleTM data centers to offer a direct interconnection to global companies.
- February 2020: Equinix, Inc., announced the opening of its fourth International Business ExchangeTM (IBX) data center in Melbourne, Australia. The new facility of Equinix known as ME2, supports the growing demand for digital transformation globally, as well as Melbourne’s smart city development and the interconnection needs of local customers.The ME2 IBX is located in Melbourne’s Fishermans Bend region, Australia’s largest urban renewal project. The new facility is expected to play a key role in supporting Melbourne’s smart city development.
In February 2019, Equinix, has invested $160 million for SY5 IBX, in Sydney. The South Sydney facility SY5 IBX offers an initial capacity of 1,825 cabinets.
- January 2020: Equinix, has signed a definitive agreement to acquire Packet, a leading bare metal automation platform. The deal will accelerate Equinix’s policy to help enterprises more seamlessly deploy hybrid multicloud architectures on Platform Equinix. The company intends to leverage the Packet offering to enhance the development and delivery of its interconnected edge services.
- January 2020: Equinix, has completed the acquisition of three data centers from Axtel S.A.B. de C.V. that serve the Mexico City and Monterrey metro areas of Mexico for $175 million. With this acquisition, Equinix expands its interconnection services to two new metros.
- November 2019: Equinix announced the development of a new data center, WA3, in Warsaw, Poland. The new data center WA3 would offer state-of-the-art colocation, as well as a host of advanced interconnection services. With this data center Equinix is helping Polish businesses to advance their business digitization and cloud transformation initiatives.
- July 2019: Equinix announced the opening of its eleventh International Business Exchange (IBX) data center in Tokyo, Japan. The new data center known as TY11 is a part of the company’s ongoing commitment to expanding its global footprint. The TY11 provides a capacity of 950 cabinets and colocation space of approximately 39,800 square feet.
- July 2019: Equinix, announced a $1 billion initial joint venture with Singapore’s sovereign wealth fund GIC, to develop and operate Hyperscale data centers in Europe. The initial facilities in Hyperscale data centers will serve the unique core workload deployment needs of a targeted group of hyperscale companies, including the world’s largest cloud service providers.
- April 2019: Equinix acquired Switch Datacenters’ AMS1 Data Center Business in Amsterdam, Netherlands, for approximately $34 million. The acquired data center, will be renamed as Equinix AM11 International Business Exchange (IBX) data center.
Equinix, Inc. is the worlds leading global data center Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT), headquartered in Redwood City, California, the USA. Equinix connects global companies to their customers, employees, and partners inside the most-interconnected data centers. The company offers a global platform for digital business in more than 50 markets on five continents of the world to reach everywhere and interconnect with everyone to create their digital futures.
The Equinix has more than 200 International Business Exchange (IBX) data centers in around 24 countries. The company interconnects the digital world and open new business opportunities for business entities.