The leading chemical company Evonik announced an exclusive agreement with Glenn Corporation a division of Azelis Americas. As per agreement Glenn will distribute the product protection line by Evoniks Dr. Straetmans brand in the United States. The Evonik Dr. Straetmans product range includes multifunctional antimicrobials and preservative blends, antioxidants and chelating agents.
- Evonik Dr. Straetmans offers a wide range of natural and sustainable alternatives for stabilizing and protecting cosmetic products.
- This strategic expansion of Evoniks existing relationship with Glenn builds upon the strengths of over 30 years of history as trusted partners in servicing the beauty care market, achieving consistent growth through mutual recognition for technical competence and marketing excellence.
- Evonik Dr. Straetmans also comprises natural active ingredients with selected activity against specific microorganisms that cause different skin disorders such as dandruff, body odor or oily, blemish-prone skin.
The prominent acquisitions and expansion by Evonik are mentioned below:
- February 2020: Evonik has announced the acquisition of Princeton based Wilshire Technologies, a leading supplier of phytochemicals and derivatives to the global cosmetic and pharmaceutical industries. The transaction also includes Wilshire Technologies employees, and cosmetic active ingredients portfolio.
- February 2020: Evonik has closed the acquisition of the US company PeroxyChem for US$640 million. PeroxyChem is a leading manufacturer of hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) and peracetic acid (PAA) and is well-positioned in high-margin specialty applications.
- December 2019: Evonik announced its strategy to increase the capacity of sodium methylate at its Rosario/Santa Fe facility from 60,000 metric tons up to 90,000 metric tons by 2021. Sodium methylate is an important catalyst for large-scale biodiesel production.
- September 2019: Evonik, announced the acquisition of the Endexo a surface modification business of Toronto based Interface Biologics, a privately-held material science company. The deal has strengthened the medical device capabilities of the company.
Evonik, headquartered at Essen, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany, is one of the worlds leading specialty chemicals companies. The company is operating in more than 100 countries, and employing approximately 36,000 people across the world. The companys product makes tires fuel-efficient, mattresses more elastic, medications more effective, and animal feeds healthier. Evonik, provides biomaterials for use in medical implant applications.