Alphabet Inc-owned Google announced that it will invest approximately $10 billion in India over the next five to seven years through Google for India Digitization Fund. The fund will helps to accelerate Indias digital economy.
- Google will invest through a mix of equity investments, partnerships, and operational, infrastructure and ecosystem investments.
- India is a key overseas market for Google, where a range of its products and services, including Search, YouTube and Android, have made inroads with much of the entire online population.
Investments will focus on four areas important to Indias digitization:
- Enabling affordable access and information for every Indian in their own language, whether its Hindi, Tamil, Punjabi or any other
- Building new products and services that are deeply relevant to Indias unique needs
- Empowering businesses as they continue or embark on their digital transformation
- Leveraging technology and AI for social good, in areas like health, education, and agriculture
The major collaborations and deals by Google are featured below:
April 2020: Google announced that it is collaborating with AudioCodes, a leading vendor of advanced voice networking and media processing solutions for the digital workplace to integrate telephony voice services with virtual agents developed with the Google Dialogflow bot framework.
February 2020: The global technology company Google LLC announced that it will invest approximately $10 billion in offices and data centers across the United States in 2020. The companys expansion plan will be focused on New York, Colorado, Georgia, Massachusetts, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, Washington and California.
January 2020: Google Cloud and Accenture announced that Google Cloud will be the cloud technology provider for Accentures INTIENT life sciences industry platform. The new agreement brings Googles cloud and artificial intelligence capabilities together with Accentures life sciences services and platforms.
January 2020: Google Cloud has announced that Lufthansa Group, a leading airline has selected Google Cloud as a strategic partner to optimize its operations performance. Lufthansa Group will combine previously disparate systems and data feeds into one unified platform by leveraging Google Clouds infrastructure and leading machine-learning capabilities.
December 2019: Google Cloud announced a strategic partnership with McAfee, a cybersecurity company to integrate key McAfee solutions for endpoint and container security within Google Cloud. As per partnership, McAfee will tightly integrate its endpoint security solutions for Linux and Windows workloads, as well as its MVISION Cloud solution for container security, on Google Cloud infrastructure.
About Google LLC
California, based Google LLC, is a global technological firm. Google is owned by international organisation Alphabet Inc. Google offers more than 50 Internet services and products globally, from e-mail and online document creation to software for mobile phones and tablet computers. The company is specialised in Internet-related services and products, which includes- a search engine, online advertising technologies, cloud computing, software, and hardware products.