The worlds leading chemical company Henkel announced the opening of its new manufacturing facility in Kurkumbh, near Pune, in Maharashtra, India. The Kurkumbh manufacturing facility of the company will be operated by Henkel Adhesives Technologies business unit. The new facility aims to serve the rising demand of Indian industries for solutions in adhesives, sealants, and surface treatment products.
Henkel Adhesives Technologies invested around $55 million for 100,000 square meters manufacturing facility. The facility is designed as a smart factory which enables a wide range of Industry 4.0 operations. The facility will increase Henkel´s capacity to serve customers across various markets, including flexible packaging, agriculture, automotive, and construction equipment, general industry, and metals.
The major investments and expansions by Henkel are mentioned below:
- January 2020: Henkel announced the merger of Sonderhoff into Henkel Adhesive Technologies business unit. The Sonderhoff sites in Austria, Germany, Italy, and the USA are now operating under Henkel name; the only site in China will continue to operate under Sonderhoff name.
- December 2019: Henkel has opened its new Henkel Adhesives Technical Center in the east of Hanoi, Vietnam. The Technical Center spans over 420 square meters and houses an advanced laboratory, a Customer Experience Gallery, and office spaces. The center is equipped with state-of-the-art tools and technologies and the laboratory set up will provide customers with full value-chain support.
- November 2019: Henkel partnered with Dubai Municipalitys Childrens City to open its largest, global Forscherwelt Science Lab for 7 to 11-year-old children. The new science centre would be first of its kind in the Middle East and is the largest Forscherwelt Science Lab for children anywhere in the world.
- November 2019: Henkel has signed an agreement to acquire New York City-based Deva Parent Holdings, Inc., an owner of DevaCurl brand, a high growth professional haircare business. The company was formed in 1994, and it offers a wide range of products included cleansers, conditioners, styling products, styling accessories, and treatments.
- October 2019: Henkel announced the construction of a new production facility in the high-tech industrial cluster in Songdo, South Korea. The companys new plant in Korea will become a global production hub for the electronics business of Henkel Adhesive Technologies.
- September 2019: Henkel opened its sixth dry mixes plant in Leningrad region in Russia. The new plant of the company will enable to meet the growing customer demand for construction mixes in the Northwestern Federal District.
About Henkel AG & Co.
Henkel headquartered in Düsseldorf, Germany is a global leader in adhesives, sealants, and functional coatings. The company holds leading positions with its three business units in both industrial and consumer businesses as an Adhesive Technologies, Beauty Care and Laundry & Home Care. The company was founded in 1876 in Germany.
Henkel employs approximately 53,000 people globally. The company has a portfolio of well-known consumer and industrial brands includes Schwarzkopf hair care, Persil, Dial soaps, Right Guard antiperspirants, Purex, and all laundry detergents, Snuggle fabric softeners as well as Loctite, Technomelt and Bonderite adhesives.