Canada based leading cannabis retailer Meta Growth Corp. announced that it is selling its common shares in Tetra Pty Ltd (“Tetra”) to THC Global Group Limited.
- META originally invested in Tetra, a leading clinic network in Australia facilitating access to legal medicinal cannabis, in March 2019.
- As META’s strategic focus shifted from medicinal cannabis to recreational retail cannabis, the Company has been evaluating opportunities to monetize its medicinal cannabis investments and redeploy the proceeds into recreational retail.
- The Stage 1 THC shares and the THC stock options are subject to a 12 month hold from their date of issue.
- THC is a diversified global cannabis company with primary operations in Australia and Canada.
- It is listed on the ASX under the symbol THC.
- THC own and operate commercial medicinal cannabis production facilities under Australia’s cannabis regulations, and its Southport facility is one of the largest pharmaceutical GMP cannabis manufacturing facilities in the world.
- THC also owns and operates Crystal Mountain, a profitable, fast growing hydroponics equipment and supplies wholesaler and retailer servicing the rapidly expanding cannabis sector in North America and Europe.
- Post-acquisition, Tetra and THC will pursue a number of expansion opportunities, including expanding its current network of partnerships with private hospitals and medical centres in Australia, and exploring the potential to launch in new regions including New Zealand.