Global food, snack, and beverage company PepsiCo, agreement to acquire the maker of PopCorners snacks BFY Brands. The acquisition of BFY Brands will expand Frito-Lay’s snacking portfolio of company.
Details provided below:
- The acquired The PopCorners line of snacks is available in grocery stores across nation and it includes Flex Protein Crisps and Flourish Veggie Crisps.
- Worlds diversified company BFY Brands is a better-for-you snack company, directly addressing the growing consumer trends toward healthier living and eating. The BFY Brands primary product, PopCorners, is a better-for-you popped corn snack with a strong track record in the club and grocery segments within the U.S. and Canada and a presence in over 40 countries and territories worldwide.
- The leading BFY is also a contract manufacturer of better-for-you popped snacks. The company employs approximately 750 people, and has manufacturing facilities in Middletown, NY, and Liberty, NY
- Worlds leading beverage firm PepsiCo’s product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
- “BFY Brands offers distinctive products that deliver the great taste and ingredients consumers are looking for,” said Steven Williams, CEO, PepsiCo Foods North America. “Their production capabilities will support the growth of our existing, more-nutritious snack brands.”
- PepsiCo’s leading food and beverage portfolio includes Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana.