First slide

The leading petroleum company Petróleo Brasileiro S.A. – Petrobras, informs that it signed an agreement with SPE Rio Ventura S.A., a wholly-owned subsidiary of 3R Petroleum e Participações S.A., a contract for the sale of its entire interest in eight E&P onshore fields in Bhaia, Brazil.

  • The onshore fields denominated as Rio Ventura Cluster, located in the state of Bahia, Brazil.
  • The sale amount is US$ 94.2 million, of which (i) US$ 3.8 million paid now; (ii) US$ 31.2 million at closing of the transaction; (iii) US$ 16 million will be paid in thirty months after closing of the transaction; and (iv) US$ 43.2 million in contract-based contingent payments.

    In July 2020: Petrobras announced that its subsidiary Petrobras Biocombustível SA (PBIO) has signed a contract for the sale of its 8.40% stake in Bambuí Bioenergia SA (Bambuí) to Turdus Participações SA. Turdus Participações already holds the other 91.60% interest in Bambuí.

    In July 2020, Petrobras signed an agreement with OP Pescada Oil e Gás Ltda., a wholly owned subsidiary of Ouro Preto Oil e Gás SA, a contract for the sale of its entire stake in the Pescada, Arabaiana and Dentão fields located in the shallow waters of the Potiguar Basin (Polo Hake), in the state of Rio Grande do Norte.

    In June 2020, Petrobras had started the opportunity disclosure stage (teaser), referring to the sale of its stakes in five electricity generation companies: Brasympe Energia SA (“Brasympe”), Energética Suape II SA (“Suape II”), Termoelétrica Potiguar SA (“TEP”), Companhia Energética Manauara SA (CEM) and Brentech Energia SA (Brentech).

About Petrobras
Petróleo Brasileiro S.A (Petrobras), headquartered in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, is a leading petroleum company. The company presents in around 19 countries in the oil, natural gas and energy related sectors. The company has more than 6,580 producing wells and about 13 refineries to serve the customers. Petrobras has approximately 46,400 employees across the world. The company involves in the exploration and production, refining, commercialization, transportation, petrochemical, derivatives distribution, natural gas, electricity, gas-chemistry and biofuels segments.

Related News