The leading energy company Royal Dutch Shell plc, through its affiliate SWEPI LP, has reached an agreement with National Fuel Gas Company (NFG) a USA based energy company and its subsidiaries, Seneca Resources Company, LLC, National Fuel Gas Midstream Company, LLC, and NFG Midstream Covington, LLC, to sell its Appalachia shale gas position for $541 million.
The major deals by Shell are featured below:
- April 2020: Shell Australia a unit of Royal Dutch Shell, has taken decision to investment in Arrow Energys Surat Gas Project in Queensland, Australia. Shell will develop gas project in Queensland. The project will bring up to 90 billion cubic feet per year of new gas to fulfil market demand.
- February 2020: Royal Dutch Shells corporate venture capital arm Shell Ventures announced investments in Canadian biofuel start-up Forge Hydrocarbons Corp. The fund will help build a first-of-its-kind biofuel production plant in Sombra, Ontario, Canada.
- February 2020: Shell Oil Products US (Shell), a subsidiary of Royal Dutch Shell announced that the company has formally closed the sale of Shells Martinez Refinery in California to PBF Holding Company LLC (PBF), for approximately $1.2 billion.
- September 2019: Saudi Arabian Oil Company (Saudi Aramco) has announced the completions of acquisition of Shell Saudi Arabia (Refining) Limiteds 50% interest in the SASREF joint venture in Jubail Industrial City, in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, for $631 million.
- July 2019: Shell completed the sale of upstream interests in Shell Olie-og Gasudvinding Danmark B.V to Norwegian Energy Company ASA for $1.9 billion.
Royal Dutch Shell is a leading global group of energy and petrochemical companies, which is headquartered in the Netherlands and incorporated in the United Kingdom. The company has more than 86,000 employees in nearly 70 countries of the world. The Shells business includes oil and gas exploration and production; production and marketing of liquefied natural gas and gas to liquids; manufacturing, marketing and shipping of oil products and chemicals and renewable energy projects.