The worlds leading electronic group Sony Group has announced that Sony AI Inc. and avatarin Inc. of ANA Group reached a basic agreement to work together to develop next-generation remote control robots. Both will be combining the AI and robotics technology of Sony AI with avatarin’s avatar technology.
Next-generation avatar robots are expected to play a central role in situations where autonomous robots have barriers to safe and cost effective deployment, and where it is difficult for people to perform physical tasks.
Along with telepresence technology, next generation remote control robots are expected to be used in various situations of everyday life, for example, in offices, stores, and homes.
The major partnerships and expansions by Sony are featured below:
- April 2020: Sony Corporation announced that its wholly-owned subsidiary Sony Corporation of America (SCA), has entered into a definitive agreement with Bilibili Inc, a leading online entertainment platform for young generations in China. As per agreement SCA has subscribed a 4.98% of the total outstanding shares of Bilibili for approximately $400 million.
- February 2020: Sony Corporation has announced the expansion of its strategic collaboration with ZEISS digital imaging for Xperia smartphones. As per agreement Sony’s new flagship smartphone Xperia II will feature ZEISS optics with T* (T-Star) anti-reflective coating to enhance the quality of images.
Sonys Xperia II offers 20fps2 AF/AE tracking burst and 5G connectivity for a complete creative entertainment experience. Since 1996, Sony and ZEISS have built a long-shared history and expertise from Sony’s first video Hi8 Handycam CCD-TR555 to 4K Handycam camcorders.
- November 2019: Sony Corporation announced the establishment of research center in India to tap into the country’s sizeable pool of talent, with plans for multiple sites. The first location will be opened in Bangalore in 2020 and it will mark as one of Sony’s global R&D centers.
- October 2019: Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation (NTT), Intel Corporation (Intel) and Sony Corporation (Sony) announced that they will create a new industry forum, the Innovative Optical and Wireless Network (IOWN) Global Forum.
- May 2019: Sony Corporation announced a partnership with Microsoft Corp. on new innovations to enhance customer experiences in their direct-to-consumer entertainment platforms and AI solutions
About Sony Corporation
Sony Corporation is a leading multinational electronic company, headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. Its business is primarily focused on the electronics, game, entertainment and financial services sectors. Sony is a leading manufacturer of electronic products for the consumer and professional across the world.