Sony Corporation company Sony Semiconductor Solutions announced its partnership with Microsoft Corp to create solutions that make AI-powered smart cameras and video analytics easier to access and deploy for their mutual customers.
Sony and Microsoft will partner to simplify access to computer vision solutions by embedding Azure AI technology from Microsoft into Sony’s intelligent vision sensor IMX500 as well as enabling partners to embed their own AI models.
The companies will embed Microsoft Azure AI capabilities on Sony’s intelligent vision sensor IMX500, which extracts useful information out of images in smart cameras and other devices.
Sony will also create a smart camera managed app powered by Azure IoT and Cognitive Services that complements the IMX500 sensor and expands the range and capability of video analytics opportunities for enterprise customers
The major partnerships and expansions by Sony are featured below:
- May 2020: Sony Group has announced that Sony AI Inc. and avatarin Inc. of ANA Group reached a basic agreement to work together to develop next-generation remote control robots. Both will be combining the AI and robotics technology of Sony AI with avatarin’s avatar technology.
- Aril 2020: Sony Corporation announced that its wholly-owned subsidiary Sony Corporation of America (SCA), has entered into a definitive agreement with Bilibili Inc, a leading online entertainment platform for young generations in China. As per agreement SCA has subscribed a 4.98% of the total outstanding shares of Bilibili for approximately $400 million.
- February 2020: Sony Corporation has announced the expansion of its strategic collaboration with ZEISS digital imaging for Xperia smartphones. As per agreement Sony’s new flagship smartphone Xperia II will feature ZEISS optics with T* (T-Star) anti-reflective coating to enhance the quality of images.
- November 2019: Sony Corporation announced the establishment of research center in India to tap into the country’s sizeable pool of talent, with plans for multiple sites. The first location will be opened in Bangalore in 2020 and it will mark as one of Sony’s global R&D centers.
- October 2019: Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation (NTT), Intel Corporation (Intel) and Sony Corporation (Sony) announced that they will create a new industry forum, the Innovative Optical and Wireless Network (IOWN) Global Forum.
- May 2019: Sony Corporation announced a partnership with Microsoft Corp. on new innovations to enhance customer experiences in their direct-to-consumer entertainment platforms and AI solutions
About Sony Corporation
Sony Corporation is a leading multinational electronic company, headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. Its business is primarily focused on the electronics, game, entertainment and financial services sectors. Sony is a leading manufacturer of electronic products for the consumer and professional across the world.
Microsoft Corporation, headquartered at Redmond, Washington, USA, is a worlds leading digital transformation company. Microsoft develops, manufactures, supports, and sells personal computers, software, and consumer electronics. The company enables smart transformation for the era of an intelligent cloud and an intelligent edge.