Digital service and consulting provider Infosys announced that it is partnering with the State of Rhode Island in launching a privacy-first contact tracing solution to help Rhode Islanders and state officials slow the spread of coronavirus throughout the state.
Leveraging existing Infosys technologies, the company developed a mobile app that will help Rhode Islanders follow required health and safety guidelines, monitor their own activities and support the Rhode Island Department of Health by providing accurate data with user consent.
The application, called “CRUSH COVID RI,” will utilize Infosys’ Location Based Services platform to create individualized location diaries, while protecting user privacy.
This is part of the state’s effort to safely reopen businesses while reducing occurrences of community transmission.
The mobile app will serve as a one stop shop for pandemic response, connecting Rhode Islanders with resources about quarantine and isolation supports, symptom monitoring, and up-to-date disease information from the Rhode Island Department of Health.
The major deals and investments by Infosys are mentioned below:
- February 2020: Infosys has announced a long-term strategic partnership with GE Appliance, a Haier company, to enable digital and workplace transformation. As per deal Infosys will help GE Appliances to modernize its IT infrastructure and run IT in managed services mode as part of the overall innovation and optimization agenda.
- February 2020: Indian software major Infosys, has agreed to acquire Simplus for $250 million. Simplus, is one of the fastest growing Salesforce Platinum Partners in the USA and Australia. The transaction is expected to close during the fourth quarter of the 2020. Simplus is majority-owned by the institutional investors, founders and key employees, with Salesforce Ventures having a minority stake.
- January 2020: Infosys, had signed a multi-year, multi-million contract with ABN AMRO Bank to accelerate its cloud and DevOps transformation strategy. As per contract Infosys will enable ABN AMRO Bank to achieve its business and operational goals by aligning its IT transformation with its cloud platform strategy.
- November 2019: Infosys, announced the opening of its new state-of-the-art Digital Innovation Centre in Dusseldorf, Germany. The Innovation Centre will help Infosys work more closely with its clients in the region in supporting their digital transformation journey, while focusing on next-generation business suites such as SAP HANA, as well as cloud based services, Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Things, 5G, and Machine Learning.
- October 2019: Infosys announced partnership with SAP for a new strategic program, Innov8, to accelerate enterprise digital transformation journeys using SAP digital solutions. The joint collaboration is intended to help companies accelerate their digital transformation based on SAP S/4HANA to build intelligent enterprises.
Infosys, headquartered in Bengaluru, India is a global leader in next-generation digital services and consulting. The company has operation in around 46 countries of the world. The company has more than 243,000 employees across the world. The company navigates the enterprise with an AI-powered core that helps prioritize the execution of change and in digital transformation. Infosys also drives continuous improvement through building and transferring digital skills, expertise, and ideas from innovation ecosystem.